United Way R4 Grants: Respond, Recover, Reimagine, and Rebuild
United Way R4 Grants provide flexible resources to 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations working to ensure that basic needs and essential services are being addressed to better support individuals and organizations impacted by COVID-19 and the broader ramifications of this health crisis.
Learn more about United Way R4 Grants here.
- Visit ourshot.in.gov/ (https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/) for information on COVID-19 vaccine distribution across the state and locally. The United Way of Marshall County would like to remind everyone that the vaccine is currently being distributed to any Hoosier 5 years or older.
- Booster shots are recommended for anyone who is 5 months out from their initial vaccination series. Pfizer boosters are authorized for Hoosiers 12 years or older, Moderna and J&J for Hoosiers 18+.
- The Marshall County Health Department encourages residents to call 211 to register for COVID-19 vaccination. You can also register online HERE.
- Please direct all vaccine-related questions to the Marshall County Health Department. For latest updates, please visit their Facebook page or call them at 574-935-8565.
SEARCH for help
When you are looking for the information you need to get help in Marshall County, you need to find it right away. By using SEARCH United Way of Marshall County, you’ll easily find the information you’re looking for… when you’re looking for it.
People throughout our community turn to United Way every day for information and support – whether COVID-19, education, disaster, or financial-related. We have information that connects people of all ages to the necessary health and human services you need. We’re excited to put this information directly into your hands. SEARCH for help HERE.
If you need our help, we are also always only a phone call away. 574-936-3366. EASY. FAST. EFFECTIVE.
The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the food security and nutrition of our neighbors in need. Children are particularly vulnerable. Food pantries in Marshall County are doing all they can to help families keep food on the table.
For information regarding the Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) program, view or download THIS FILE.
Marshall County residents may be facing rent and utility bills that are simply too costly to pay due to complications surrounding COVID-19.
The Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority's Rental Assistance Portal is now live and taking applications! The IERA program can provide up to 12 months in rental assistance to help cover past due and ongoing monthly rent and utility payments for qualifying Indiana renters. Learn more and apply on their website HERE.
Text BEACON to 741741
You can text BEACON to 741741 and be connected with a live, trained Crisis Counselor, who will be there to help you move from a hot moment to a cool calm. The Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7, confidential text-messaging support line for people in crisis.
About Crisis Text Line: Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7
support and information via the medium people already use and trust: text. www.crisistextline.org.
Took Kit and Downloads
Based on the Marshall County Community Health Needs Assessment 2019, mental health is a health priority in our area. This is a tool we want our community member(s) to have and use in situation of crisis.
- Crisis Text Line Support Information for Business, Community Organizations, & Community Members (PDF)
- Crisis Text Line Support Information for Schools (PDF)
- Crisis Text Line BEACON to 741741 FLYER red (PDF)
- Crisis Text Line BEACON to 741741 FLYER white (PDF)
- Call 211 with your questions regarding food, childcare, housing and utility assistance, mental health services or visit https://in211.communityos.org/. 2-1-1 is a free and confidential service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call the United Way of Marshall County at 574-936-3366 to learn more about resources available to households impacted by COVID-19.
- Visit our partners at the Marshall County Community Foundation for updated information: http://www.marshallcountycf.org/
Condado de Marshall: Recursos e información de COVID-19
Recursos del condado de Marshall: http://condadomarshall.org/covid-19-resources/.
Recursos e información de COVID-19, salud, educación, inseguridad alimentaria, casa y servicios públicos, mas recursos.
Marshall County Crossroads is working with our dedicated caregivers in the medical field, our county leaders, and local businesses to encourage you to do everything you can to TAKE CHARGE against COVID-19. Our hospitals and front-line workers are in critical need of our compassion and support.
In a season where so many are feeling a loss of security, our mission is to provide resources to our community that gives you some control back.
Our community is in need of immediate action. Approximately 20% of positive COVID cases in Marshall County need hospital care. Our local hospitals, medical supplies, doctors, and nurses are stretched thin. We are at the breaking point. It's time to care for our caregivers!
Marshall County Crossroads is All In! Visit the Take Charge Against COVID action page to learn more and see how YOU can take charge.
COVID-19 RAPID RESPONSE GRANTS
Rapid Response Grants from the Marshall County COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery fund provided assistance to households impacted by COVID-19. We worked with trusted nonprofit community partners to identify the most immediate basic needs such as food, childcare, and rent/utility assistance.
The Marshall County COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund provided Rapid Response grants to trusted community partners providing direct assistance to impacted households.
Rapid Response Grant Recipients to date:
- Argos Methodist Church Food Pantry
- Beaman Home
- Blessings in a Backpack, Argos Elementary
- Blessings in a Backpack, Culver
- Blessings in a Backpack, Plymouth
- Blessings in a Backpack, Walkerton Elementary
- Bourbon First United Methodist Church Helping Hands Food Pantry
- Boys and Girls Club of Marshall County
- Bread of Life Food Pantry (Plymouth)
- County Line Brethren Church Food Pantry (LaPaz)
- Cultivate Food Rescue (Marshall County)
- Culver Community Youth Center (aka Culver Boys and Girls Club)
- David's Courage
- Dustin's Place
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana
- Grace United Church of Christ Food Pantry (Culver)
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry, Inc.
- Link to Hope
- Marshall County Council on Aging
- Marshall County Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Marshall County Neighborhood Center (Plymouth)
- Monastery of the Holy Martyrs Food Pantry (Plymouth)
- Oakhaven Community
- Project Help (Bremen)
- Plymouth Community School Corporation
- Plymouth Wesleyan Church Food Pantry
- Triton School Corporation
- Women's Care Center
You may read press releases for each Rapid Response Grant round in our news section HERE.