The United Way of Marshall County is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Job Title: Director of Organizational Development, United Way of Marshall County
Location: Marshall County, Indiana
Date posted: 10/23/18
The UWMC seeks an energetic, experienced, outgoing self-starter to partner with the UWMC Executive Director contributing to the achievement of UWMC’s mission and vision by providing professional leadership in brand management, campaign implementation and volunteer engagement.
The successful candidate must be able to implement marketing and resource development strategies that are research-based, cost-effective, donor-oriented and targeted to specific markets. The ideal candidate will help identify areas for greatest growth potential and help develop a targeted approach for soliciting. Creating a year-round action plan for building relationships with current and prospective donors and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communication plan that strengthens prospective and current donors’ knowledge of and connection with UWMC are focus areas for this position.
This position requires a hands-on person with a flair for recruiting and engaging volunteers who can help with UWMC’s resource development and marketing efforts and with the ability to embrace and integrate relationship and brand management strategies. The Director of Organizational Development will travel and work in every community of Marshall County – building UWMC brand awareness, planning and conducting annual activities, overseeing events and continually working on building strong relationships with individuals, businesses and UWMC member agencies. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required as are strong computer proficiencies.
Candidates should have at least three years successful experience in marketing, fundraising, or sales, preferably for a nonprofit organization, or equivalent years of experience in related disciplines such as volunteer management or client relations. A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, sales or organizational leadership or related field is preferred.
For an application, complete position description and to learn more about the UWMC and the Marshall County community, go to and marshallcountyuw.org.
Interested applicants should submit an application, cover letter including salary requirements, resume and references electronically to: email@example.com or on paper to: United Way of Marshall County, 2701 N. Michigan Street, P. O. Box 392, Plymouth, IN 46563. Resumes will be accepted through November 15, 2018, or until a qualified candidate is hired. Intentions are to complete interviews and extend an offer by December 3, 2018. The United Way of Marshall County and the Marshall County Community Foundation are equal opportunity employers.
Job Title: Member, Board of Directors
Responsible To: President, Board of Directors United Way of Marshall County
Staff Resource: Executive Director, United Way of Marshall County
Length of Commitment: Three year term (a volunteer may serve 2, consecutive three year terms)
- Six to ten hours per month or more
- Attend a mandatory Board Orientation (1/2 day commitment)
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (2 hours per month)
- Attend Committee Meetings as needed
Major Activities Include:
- Attend and participate in all Board of Director meetings to include the annual meeting
- Serve on at least one committee and hold one leadership position during the three year tenure
- Report board and committee activities to the Board Members
- Be an active participant in the annual United Way Fund Raising Campaign
- Support the United Way to the extent of your personal financial ability
- Attend at least one state and/or regional United Way program during your three year term
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Define purpose. Approve the Mission, Vision and Values of the United Way of Marshall County (UWMC).
- Provide for excellent management. Select a chief executive officer (CEO); establish goals for executive performance; establish an appropriate compensation program; and conduct periodic evaluation of the CEO’s performance and compensation.
- Establish policies. Approve and periodically review major organizational and Board policies, including the Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensure program effectiveness. Based on an understanding of Mission, Vision and Values and the needs of UWMC and its supported agencies; approve a strategic direction and measurable goals; approve a strategic plan; review and approve major transactions and significant new programs and services; and monitor organizational performance against goals.
- Ensure financial viability. Establish financial and operating goals; approve financial plan including operating budgets, capital budgets and investment policies; monitor performance against goals; and oversee the annual financial audit.
- Ensure quality of service and Mission effectiveness. Establish goals; approve an annual management plan; and monitor indicators of quality of service and achievement of Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensure quality of staff. Approve and oversee the process for selection, retention and compensation of staff based on performance.
- Build relationships. Build relationships and reinforce the policies of the UWMC with supported agencies, community leaders and donors.
- Ensure compliance. Establish and oversee programs to ensure that the organization fulfills legal requirements.
- Ensure board effectiveness. Ensure the effectiveness of the Board through regular self-assessment and improvement of the bylaws, role, composition, structure, relationships and conduct of business.
- Live or work in the Marshall County community
- Community leader or highly visible/recognized in the community
- Supports the mission of the United Way
- Willing and able to make the necessary time commitment to the position
- Able to work well with other people
- Good communication and listening skills
- Willing to financially support the annual United Way Annual Campaign
Please contact Linda Yoder, Executive Director for more information or if interested.